- You are not
- If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid.
- Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire. This is why aircraft carriers are
called bomb magnets.
- When in doubt, empty your magazine.
- Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
- Remember: Your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
- If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
- No plan survives the first contact intact.
- All 5-second grenade fuses will burn down in 3 seconds.
- Try to look unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo.
- If you are forward of you position, the artillery will always fall short.
- The important things are always simple.
- The simple things are always hard.
- The easy way is always mined.
- If you are short of everything except enemy, you're in combat.
- When you have secured an objective, don't forget to tell the enemy.
- Incoming fire has the right of way.
- If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU.
- No combat ready unit ever passed inspection.
- Beer math: two beers times 37 men equal 49 cases.
- Body count math: two guerrillas plus one portable plus two pigs equal 37
- Things that must be together to work usually can't be shipped together.
- Radios will fail as soon as you desperately need fire support.
- Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing.
- Tracers work both ways.
- The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly
- Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.
- If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more
than your fair share of objectives to take.
- When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose, they are both
- Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
- Friendly fire ...isn't.
- Murphy was a grunt.